Rain Dogs Adrian McKinty Book Review

Rain Dogs


This was the second McKinty I had read and both are part of the Sean Duffy series. First thing to say is- I'm hooked!

Sean Duffy is a Northern Irish detective, working during The Troubles in the 1980's. There are of course a gazillion modern police procedurals out there to choose from. I generally prefer other forms of crime fiction or even a PI opposed to an actual police officer story as a personal preference. I only enjoy the ones that really grab me and the Sean Duffy series certainly has! The last series to do so was Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole.

This installment includes a locked room murder, conspiracy, lots of music references, Northern Irish settings and international intrigue. My recent novel included a locked room mystery, conspiracy, lots of music references, Northern Irish settings and international intrigue. I honestly hadn't read any McKinty before that and mine is nowhere near as good!

Northern Irish crime fiction has so much great stuff going on right now (I don't include me btw) and Adrian McKinty is at the forefront. If you enjoy witty, tightly written and sometimes gritty mystery thrillers, then give this series a go. Many people already have and you won't be disappointed.

Simon Maltman
Visit 'My Books' for more info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wolf Is At Your Door BOOK RELEASE

Rise of 'Ulster Noir'